Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Affordable Housing for Moderate Income Families

And yes, I'm speaking to you.



Even in my Republican world, it hasn't escaped me that SO many of my friends, clients, soon to be friends, are in this category. Making a decent living, and STILL unable to obtain financing for a home.



They can make the monthly payment on a mortgage, but maybe can't swing closing costs, or credit scores are lower than they'd like, paying off old credit card debt, whatever. Very hard times for people like you.



This program crossed my desk - it's a pilot, and one of the first ones I've seen to meet the needs of US. Middle class. Work for the phone company. Still can't swing it.



Innovative - they are encouraging local non-profits to BUY THE HOUSE YOU WANT AND SELL IT TO YOU AT A DISCOUNT ON A RENT TO OWN BASIS. They pay your closing costs. They hold your mortgage for a few years, offer you credit counseling and help with your current debt, and then turn the ownership of the home over to you at the end of a couple of years.



Huge benefits to the non-profit. Tax breaks, cash flow, fulfilling their own local mission.



Huge benefit to you. The home you want. The terms you need. The credit counseling and possible debt consolidation that it will take to make you mortgageable.



Finally, someone is coming up with something that makes sense.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone
Do not miss your chance to get a free ipad. Visit http://bit.ly/cmmVr7

Paul Salamanca said...

I have used www.SkipBrokers.com to find all of my no fee apartments in NYC for the past 5 years...No fee apartments....

Anonymous said...

Do online evaluations websites like http://www.OnlinePropertyValue.com provide accurate home value estimates?