Monday, January 28, 2008

When to sell, when to buy.

Interesting conversations I get myself into. And as I like to yap, I find myself shooting my mouth off about things that I know nothing about (Presidential Politics, anyone?) Lots of people out there like that.

One thing I do know a thing or two about is selling or buying a house. Usually they go together - most folks need a place to live. What I am not so good at is predicting the BEST time to buy or sell a house. Lots of people out there like that, too.

So, as in most things - common sense prevails. I found some decent articles you may like - It's a Buyers Market , Six Signs it's Time to Buy and Ten Steps to Sell More Quickly.

Hope you like them....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My best answer to buying and selling a home, not withstanding that you must buy or sell, relocation or larger family etc causing you to act, you should consider the following.
When the market is so good that it is unbelievable, it has been raising in double digit percentage increases for 3 years straight, everyone is convinced that it is going extremely higher, your neighbor buys a new Mercedes Benz and only makes 100k a year, your real estate broker tells you to name your price for your house, you know 3 people going to get their real estate license, you should sell. I mean if that is what you needed to do anyway.

When you hear that the market is going much lower after it has dropped two years in a row, all the people that went to real estate school now work at Macy’s, a few of your good friends have lost their job. There are for sale signs every where and finally some are gone, it is reasonably hard to get a mortgage, you are afraid of the market going lower yourself, everyone tells you not to buy. The newspapers and TV have for sometime said the market is terrible, the stock market is in bad shape. It is time to buy!